Aaron Kemper1009 S. 4th St
Louisville, Kentucky 40203
Many lawyers work as judicial clerks after law school graduation. But few work as a judicial clerk in the U.S. Virgin Islands. “While I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the sun,” said Aaron, “I knew that I wanted to return to my hometown of Louisville, KY and practice the kind of law that helps everyday people. I have travelled to other places, but I have never found a group of people who exhibit as much kindness heart as the people right here in Louisville, KY.”
A proud Kentuckian, Aaron grew up in Louisville, spending his summers at his grandparent’s in Eastern Kentucky. After graduating from Ballard High School, Aaron “Piano Man” Kemper attended the University of Kentucky, where he majored in Economics and minored in Piano Performance. In 2006, Aaron graduated at the top of his class and went on to attend the University of Cincinnati College of Law. While in law school, Aaron worked with the firm Robbins, Kelly Patterson, & Tucker, specializing in civil defense work. He also interned with the Honorable Steve Martin at the Ohio Court of Common Pleas. But despite working and attending school in Ohio, Aaron always remained a Kentuckian, living in Northern Kentucky. He now boasts that he has lived in all the major population centers of Kentucky – Louisville, Lexington, and Northern Kentucky.
After earning his law degree, Aaron clerked for the Honorable Miguel Camacho of the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands. He credits his time at this small but bustling court with giving him the opportunity to hone both his legal skills and his people skills – two essential necessities for any great attorney.
In 2013, Aaron accepted a position with the law firms of Coleman, Roles & Associates in Louisville, KY. Since arriving at Coleman, Aaron is named to the National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40. Aaron is asked on a weekly basis whether he wishes he were still in the warm sun of the islands. Aaron always answers that he loves Louisville and also that like every good tale of long travels and adventure, the answer involves romance. Aaron’s fiancé and fellow lawyer, Chan Jones, a native Virgin Islander, who works in Frankfort, KY for the Legislative Research Commission. “By introducing Chan to Kentucky,” says Aaron, “I was able to take the best of the Virgin Islands with me. She is all the sunshine I need.”
These two lovebirds also write a blog together and can usually be seen walking through the Highlands Neighborhood. Aaron can also be seen playing jazz piano, a passion that he believes helps him perform as a litigator since the best litigators are often performers.
Recent Cases & Settlements:
Slip and Falls:
- Description: Successfully settled case on behalf of client who slipped on ice on the front steps of her apartment complex.
Date: December 11, 2014
- Description: Successfully settled case who tripped over a doorstop while going to the doctor’s office at Jewish Hospital.
Date: November 25, 2014
- Description: Successfully settled case for a large sum where client was a patient at Our Lady of Peace and was injured due to the hospital’s negligence.
Date: July 17, 2014
- Description: Successfully defended sub-contractor against general contractor had case forced into arbitration and out of the Courthouse.
Date: July 1, 2014
- Description: Successfully filed counter-claim on behalf of Defendant driver and reached a settlement that helped compensate my client after my client was initially sued.
Date: June 3, 2014
- Description: Successfully dissolved the partnership of an unmarried couple with my client/plaintiff receiving a larger share of the equitable assets (83%) than his partner.
Date: February 24, 2014
Wills, Estate and Probate Law:
- Description: Successfully Completed probate matter on client’s behalf where client had complications with a previous tenant who had to be evicted.
Date: January 22, 2014
- Description: Successfully Defended Case from Summary Judgment in Nursing Home Negligence Matter and settled case for large sum.
Date: January 9, 2014