Michael D. Tewksbury88 South tenth Street, Suite 300
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
Attorney MICHAEL TEWKSBURY Michael Tewksbury brings a unique perspective to the ADR practice. Mr. Tewksbury was a partner at Rider Bennett and his practice focused on defending insurance companies, their insureds, and insurance coverage litigation. He tried numerous cases. In 1988, he joined Schwebel, Goetz and Sieben focusing his practice on the representation of injured Plaintiffs.
- In addition to mediation and arbitration, he has served as a Special Master on three significant tort claims distributing in excess of 50 million dollars in settlement proceeds to the claimants.
- Mr. Tewksbury was on the panel of Special Masters appointed by the Minnesota State Supreme Court to distribute the proceeds of the settlement of the I35W bridge collapse. In that capacity, the panel reviewed 170 claims, including 13 deaths, leading to the settlement offers that resolved each party’s claim. The values established by the panel not only resulted in the settlement of the contribution by the State of Minnesota, but those evaluations were used by the parties as a basis for completing settlements on the remaining pieces of litigation arising out of the collapse.
- Mr. Tewksbury was appointed by the court to distribute the settlement proceeds in the Cottonwood bus crash case which resulted in 4 deaths and 17 injuries. The distribution proposed of the limited settlement proceeds was accepted by the district court and formed the basis of the settlement of each of those claims.
- Mr. Tewksbury also participated as a Special Master in the distribution of settlement proceeds in the Yaz/Yasmin litigation between numerous claimants and Bayer Corporation. Those claims were settled in groups and Mr. Tewksbury determined the ultimate distribution of those settlement proceeds to the claimants. All of those distributions were accepted resolving close to 200 of those claims.
BAR AND COURT ADMISSIONS
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Mr. Tewksbury was named Lawyer of the Year in 2013 for Alternative Dispute Resolution by Minnesota’s Best Lawyers.
- His firm has been rated by U.S. News and World Reports as one of the top firms in Minnesota from 2010 to the present.
- He is a member of the American Board of Trial Attorneys (ABOTA).
- He is a member of the International Society of Barristers.
- Mr. Tewksbury is a member of Best Lawyers in America in the categories of personal injury litigation and alternative dispute resolution and has been recognized from 2008 to the present.
- Mr. Tewksbury is recognized as a Leading American Attorneys in Minnesota from 1997 to the present.
- He has been named a National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers – 2009 to the present.
- He has been named a Super Lawyer by Law and Politics, Twin Cities Business Monthly and Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine from 1996 to the present enjoying particular distinction over the years as a Top-40 Personal Injury Attorney, a Top-50 Appellate Lawyer, a Top-25 Mediator in Minnesota, a Top-25 Personal Injury Lawyer and a Top-100 Super Lawyers in Minnesota.
- Mr. Tewksbury has prepared and presented numerous seminars and articles on all aspects of the litigation practice from medical, insurance coverage, releases, trial tactics, and maximizing ADR results.
United States of America
Minnesota — Minneapolis/St. Paul
Willing to travel locally, statewide, nationally or internationally to offer ADR services
- He is available to conduct mediations, binding and non-binding arbitrations, and early case evaluations, as well as serve as a Special Master.